Terms & Conditions
Simply, Everything you need to know before getting started.
Latest Update: May 20, 2022
Table of Contents
1) What We Provide
Theacademyoflifemontessori.com is a private learning platform designed to teach, inspire and uplift the lives of its students and parents/caregivers with a unique set of new age practices, techniques and understanding developed by The Academy of Life team.
2) Community Guildlines
The Academy of Life Bilingual Montessori Italiano community, like any community, functions best when its users follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Websites, you agree to comply with these community guidelines (the “Community Guidelines”) and that: Guidelines”) and that:
Don’t do the following:
You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Websites and will not use the Websites for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not “stalk,” threaten, or otherwise harass another person;
- You will not spam or use the Websites to engage in any commercial activities;
- If you post any Registered User Content, you will stay on topic;
- You will not access or use the Websites to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Websites through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Websites through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Websites;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Websites for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
- You will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these Community Guidelines.
The Websites are only available for individuals aged 16 years or older. If you are 16 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
During the registration process for Registered Users, we will ask you to create an account, which includes a sign-in name (“Sign-In Name”), a password (“Password”), and perhaps certain additional information that will assist in authenticating your identity when you log-in in the future (“Unique Identifiers”).
When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information. Each Sign-In Name and corresponding Password can be used by only one Registered User, and sharing your access credentials with others (especially if they are using your credentials to access our proprietary Content (as defined below)) is a material breach of this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Sign-In Name, Password, and Unique Identifiers, as well as for any use, misuse, or communications entered through the Websites using one or more of them. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a Password or Sign-In Name, or change any Unique Identifier. We reserve the right to delete or change your Password, Sign-In Name, or Unique Identifier at any time and for any reason and shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage caused by such action.
5) Fees & Payment
Payments collected through theacademyoflifemontessori.com are processed by LIFE Now Inc. Electronic Transfers are send to email@example.com
All enrollment services are captured and processed by Rotessa™. We (or our third-party payment processor) shall authorize your credit card, bank account, or other approved payment facility you provided during the registration process for the full payment of the fees and any applicable taxes, and you hereby consent to the same.
All invoices will be automatically sent electronically to your provided email address and available for PDF download under your account section upon sign up.
Student Tuition Enrollment Payment Terms
- All payments made are final and non-refundable.
- Tuition fees include all sick days, Statutory and civic holidays, vacation days, as well as unforeseen natural or medical occurrences. These days cannot be credited or used as make-up days. If the program cannot operate or provide care for any unknown reason the tuition will not be refunded. However, The Academy of Life for Toddlers will not continue to pull funds for services not rendered.
- All payments due are in CAD dollars unless otherwise indicated on the invoice.
- Payments are collected through Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) on the invoice due date.
- A Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement is required to authorize The Academy of Life to collect the invoiced amounts according to the Services agreed to above.
- PADs can take 24 hours to process and only process on Canadian business days, as such invoice payments are due on the invoice due date and are considered overdue 24 hours after such date.
- A fee of $88 will be charged for all Non-Sufficient Funds (NFS) or declined payment events.
- It is further understood that admission to The Academy of Life will only be provided upon receipt of full payment.
- The student’s space in the program will be removed after non-payment of any invoice for 30 days or more.
Annual Registration and Material Fees are invoiced and due upon signing of registration contract through DocuSign. These fees are required to hold the space for your child(ren).
Tuition is invoiced and due on the 1st of the month or prorated as applicable.
Payments will be automatically withdrawn from your designated account.
No action is required on your part.
NO MAKE-UP DAYS OR REFUNDS ARE GRANTED FOR ABSENCE DUE TO ANY REASON
6) Intellectual Property
Content & Copyright
The Websites contain material, such as videos, coursework, lesson plans, training modules, photographs, software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, and other material provided by or on behalf of The Academy of Life (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or third parties. The Content is protected under both Canadian and foreign laws.
Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Granted Use Of Content
Visitors may view all publicly-available Content for their own personal, non-commercial use. Registered Users who have purchased any product or service, may download onto their own machines and view any Content contained in such purchased product or service for their own personal, non-commercial use.
If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Websites automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
Community At Large
As noted above, the Websites provides Registered Users the ability to post and upload Registered User Content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that once you submit your Registered User Content for inclusion into the Websites, it will be accessible by others, and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to such Registered User Content, including, without limitation, any personally identifying information that you may make available.
Your Content Copyright
You retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your own Registered User Content.
Avoid Sending Confidential Information
Although we encourage you to email us, we do not want you to, and you should not, email us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all emails and communications you send to us, including, but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production, and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information without compensation or attribution to you.
All confidential information required for student tuition enrollment will be collected by LIFE Now Inc. through the Docusign™ service.
THE WEBSITES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THAT THE WEBSITES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITES, THEIR SERVERS, OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Websites, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Websites at any time without prior notice or liability.
Please see Parent Manual/Registration Package for termination policy of students enrolled in the Montessori program(s)